Digital Service provides no charge hosting for faculty websites via Google Sites (a part of the Google Workspace for Education contract).
Faculty Website Hosting Service Overview
This service is designed to be used by faculty to post personal information which supplements or enhances content published on official University of Missouri websites (websites provided by colleges, schools and/or departments).
Request a Faculty Website
Anyone requesting a no charge faculty website should start by reviewing the Terms of Service and then request a website below.
- Website address/URL - The website address is a combination of the faculty network account username and the University of Missouri default Google Sites domain (mufaculty.umsystem.edu). As an example, if the faculty network username is Truman, the resulting website address on Google Sites will be Truman.mufaculty.umsystem.edu.
- Can I request a custom website address for my faculty website? Digital Service offers a website address redirection service using AWS for $2.00 per month per redirect. Contact Digital Service for more information.
- Editing the faculty website - After requesting a faculty website, Digital Service will create the website using a Mizzou Theme on Google Sites. Once the website is created and ready for you to start editing and adding content, you will receive an invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org. After you accept the invitation, login to your University of Missouri Google account (email@example.com) and edit your new website.
- How do I learn how to edit and manage my faculty website? Digital Service does not provide assistance beyond initial setup since this is a no charge service. However, Google Sites is well documented by Google in their online help.
- Can I use this service for my Lab or Center website? Digital Service offers website hosting services for official University of Missouri content. We will consult with you and, depending upon your needs and capabilities, will recommend an appropriate solution for these types of websites.
- Is using Google Sites the best option for me in all circumstances? No. In particular, most Google services are blocked in China. If your website needs to be accessed by people in China, we recommend working with your IT Professional and Digital Service to explore other options. Google Sites is the only no charge service we offer.
- Other questions? Contact Digital Service