Digital Service provides two types of cloud-based website hosting: WordPress and Drupal CMS (content management system) and static HTML. The choice of using a CMS or static HTML for your website is based upon several factors which we will consult with you about at the time a website is created or being migrated to our hosting services.
CMS Website Hosting
- Websites are hosted on Platform.sh and managed by Digital Service.
- Units pay a monthly hosting charge based upon the hosting account required for the website.
- The monthly charge includes a database, data backups, 5GB storage and three environments.
CMS Monthly Hosting Charges
|Small - Up to 100K monthly pageviews||$30.00|
|Medium - Up to 500k monthly pageviews||$129.00|
|Large - Up to 1M monthly pageviews||$258.00|
|X-Large - 1M to 3M monthly pageviews||$501.00|
|2X-Large - Multi-million monthly pageviews||$987.00|
|Grid-XL - High availability, 99.99% uptime, multi-million monthly pageviews *||$1,140.00|
|Additional 5GB Storage||$7.50|
|CDN - Content Delivery Network **||$95.00|
* A Grid-XL account is an X-Large account with higher support and Fastly CDN. It usually requires a one-time setup charge.
** Using a dedicated CDN for your website will require consultation with Digital Service and our hosting vendor.
Static HTML Website Hosting
- Websites are hosted on AWS using the S3 simple website hosting products.
- AWS S3 does not support websites that require PHP or server-side includes.
- There are special methods required to update and sync HTML files on AWS which Digital Service will consult with you about at the time a website is created or being migrated to AWS.
Static HTML Hosting Charges
- Amazon S3 hosting starts at $2.00 per month per website. Digital Service will consult with you about total costs since some websites generate more monthly charges for bandwidth usage. In these situations, additional costs will be passed along to the unit in additional $2.00 increments.