Digital Service operates as a fee-based group that provides service and support to units at the University. Digital Service is supported by interdepartmental charges and as such can only provide services to customers that can be billed by a University MoCode.
Note: Digital Service does not function as a profit-making entity. Our rates are designed to cover costs for staff and other expenses.
Time & Material Support
The standard rate is $55 per hour. Requests for work not on a support plan may not be given immediate priority and will be completed as resources are available.
Time and material requests involve analysis by a member of the website support team and include estimated hours to complete. Estimates may not be exact and may require more or fewer hours than those estimated. The unit will be consulted as soon as an overage is identified.
Annual Maintenance & Support Plans
- $5,940 ($495/month) - 108 hours
- $13,200 ($1,100/month) – 240 hours
- $23,100 ($1,925/month) – 420 hours
- $39,600 ($3,300/month) – 720 hours
- Custom plans are also available based upon unit needs
Annual support plans give your requests first priority compared to the time and material model. Typical turn around for support plans is 1 - 2 business days. If you need to use more than the greater of 5 hours or 15% of your annual hours during any given month you will need to make prior arrangements with Digital Service. This is needed to ensure we are able to support all clients with available staffing.
Maintenance & Support Plan Terms
- Plans are billed monthly starting when a Support Service Agreement (MOU) is signed.
- Any request under 5 hours will be processed without providing an estimate of time.
- Requests requiring 5 or more hours may take longer than the typical 1 - 2 days. These requests involve analysis by a member of the Digital Service team and include an estimated time to complete. Estimates may not be exact and may require more or fewer hours than those estimated. The unit will be consulted as soon as an overage is identified.
- All maintenance and support fees are billed monthly with terms that coincide with the university’s fiscal year. Plan changes are allowed annually in time for annual budgets.
All Digital Service projects are delivered following project management best practices utilizing a collaborative team comprised of the various skills needed to provide the desired features.
Before a project is started, a project intake phase is completed to document high-level scope and requirements. After that, a Statement of Work and estimate is generated based upon the requirements and skills needed to complete the project. Website project rates are:
- Project Management - $75.00 per hour
- Web Design Service - $65.00 per hour
- Web Programming Service - $65.00 per hour
- Web Development Service - $55.00 per hour
Website Project Terms
- Project hours are billed monthly after the Statement of Work, budget timelines are agreed to.
- Estimates may not be exact and may require more or fewer hours than those estimated. The unit will be consulted as soon as an overage is identified.
- All project estimates include a contingency based upon 5% of the total estimated hours. If not required, costs for contingency are not billed.